Welcome to the Netforks blog! We are excited to offer you another way to stay in the loop with us while also providing you with a resource for your business. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know and be notified of future blog posts.
Have you ever wondered when is the best time to clear out plants, shrubs and trees for optimal future growth? Farmers and vegetation experts agree fall is an ideal time for several reasons! Before we get into how and why, let’s explore what land clearing is:
What is Land Clearing?
Land clearing is the process of removing trees, stumps, vegetation and other obstacles from an area. Sometimes the process of clearing is used to preserve and improve the land and surrounding vegetation for future growth. Other times land clearing makes room for new plants, trees or construction of new buildings, fences and other physical additions to an area.
Why is Land Clearing more popular in colder weather?
We see it every year when summer turns to fall and the weather starts to cool: people start to remove old or dead vegetation and prepare their property for the next season. Here are some reasons why:
- More Visibility – When leaves start falling in autumn, it is much easier to spot stumps, rocks and other in-ground obstacles you will need to get rid of. Additionally, with no leaves on trees, it is easier to assess areas you want to preserve versus areas you want to clear.
- Solid Ground – As the weather starts to cool off, the ground starts to harden. Harder ground makes it easier to operate heavy equipment as opposed to soft, muddy ground.
- Dying Plants – Cutting back plants after they have died off for the season allows for future growth. If you cut plants back in the spring, as they are blooming, you could inhibit their growth potential.
- Timeline – Many of these projects are time-consuming so getting started in fall gives for more time to work through the winter and have the land ready for spring.
What tools are used in land clearing?
There are many tools of varying sizes that can be used in land clearing operations. Here are some of the most popular tools from Netforks:
- Tree Shears: Shears come in many sizes — more than just the handheld variety you use around your house or garden. Tree Shears from Netforks have the same idea, but on a much larger scale — allowing you to cut flush with the ground and allow trees to fall safely.
- Tree/Post Puller: The Tree/Post Puller is a more efficient way to remove trees, posts and other materials that usually require digging or removing with chains. It offers tremendous versatility with the ability to grip small and large objects.
- Tree Saws: Netforks has a Tractor Tree Saw that quickly attaches to your tractor for easy cutting of trees and clearing brush.
- Stump Planers: Grind stumps and roots with ease with stump planers from Netforks — make quick work of even the toughest stumps.
- Grapples: Land clearing isn’t just about cutting and pulling, you also have to remove the debris you create during the clearing process. Grapples can be used to grab large piles of sticks, branches or posts and securely move them to a dumpster, bin or burn pile. They can also be used to break up concrete and other solid materials needing to be cleared.
Hopefully, this information will help you go into fall more prepared to tend your land! If you have any further questions or land clearing suggestions let us know in the comments. Our Netforks team is always willing to assist with your land clearing or other fork and attachment needs. Thanks for reading and be on the lookout for future blog posts! Don’t forget to follow us on social media for product updates!