Thank you for continuing to read and support the Netforks blog and our ongoing efforts to provide quality and useful information!
Augers are tools that are used to drill holes in different types of grounds and surfaces. If you are familiar with Augers, you know they can be used in many ways. This includes by hand and as an attachment on industrial equipment.
Augers work as part of a system that provides unmatched results and versatility. This system is powered by the Auger Drive.
Driven by Auger Drives
Netforks offers Auger Drives for skid steers, mini skid steers, excavators and backhoes. The drive attaches to the equipment to transform it into an expert digging machine that is durable and efficient. Not only are these drives convenient, but they are also powerful. Netforks Auger Drives are equipped with a unique “Planetary Gearbox” that allows for more torque. This added torque allows for more efficiency and durability out of an auger drive.
Auger bits connect to the auger drive to provide the digging capability to the Auger system. There is no auger system without the bits. Auger bits vary from the size of the hole you want to dig and the type of surface you are digging into. Earth bits are used for softer grounds but can be upgraded to dig into more rugged surfaces like asphalt and frozen ground. Rock bits are what you need when dealing with the hardest types of grounds like rocks (of course) and permafrost. Shallow Pitch Flights – Flighting refers to the distance between the layers of coil on the auger bit. Netforks auger bits have flights that are 2/3 of the diameter of the auger. Industry standard is a 1:1 comparison. The shallow flights allow our bits to create cleaner and flatter holes while reducing the spill of debris back into the hole. See below for an illustration of the difference. Some other features you can find in Netforks auger bits:
- Patented Tooth Locking System – The teeth of the auger are vital for penetrating different surfaces and sometimes can be lost during digging. This can cause a decrease in performance, unneeded downtime, and extra costs. Our tooth locking system not only eliminates lost teeth, but it also makes replacing worn teeth easier. Saving you time and money in the process.
- Heavy Duty Build – Our bits are built with the highest grade of steel you’ll find and more equipment-specific tube thickness for a longer lasting, more durable product.
Auger systems have many other enhancements and accessories to get even more out of your investment.
- Shaft Adapters – With so many options of auger drives and bits out there, it is likely you may come across some that do not connect seamlessly. The shaft adapters allow for round and hex bits and drives to connect.
- Extensions – Sometimes the bit isn’t quite long enough to get the depth you need. That is where these extensions come in. Ranging up to 100 inches in length, these extensions are a handy addition to any auger system.
- Accessories – In addition to drilling holes, the auger drive can power accessories for other tasks as well
- Stump Planer – Remove any tree stump with minimal effort, noise and cleanup time with this awesome accessory.
- Concrete Mixer – Traditional concrete trucks can’t fit everywhere your skid steers, excavators, and backhoes can. This accessory allows you to mix and pour cement in more places and adds efficiency to the process.
- Log Splitter – Break down trees and large logs into smaller, more moveable pieces. Can position the splitter for different cuts and splits and can even split full logs in half.
We hope you were able to take some knowledge away about Augers! With top-of-the-line auger drives, bits, adapters and accessories, we have everything you need to get started on your hole-digging journey. Check out our selection here or reach out to one of our representatives for more information.
Let us know what you learned in the comments and don’t forget to follow us on social!